The mission of the IAAER is to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
IAAER Sponsored Conferences
October 20-21, 2016: MODAV Accounting Conference
After consultation and discussion among the IAAER Executive Committee, we have concluded that the IAAER should withdraw from joint sponsorship of the Accounting Conference scheduled for October 20-21, 2016 in Izmir, Turkey. IAAER will continue to collaborate with the Accounting Conference organizing committee through its involvement on the scientific committee and by promoting the conference and providing support in preparing the conference program. We have discussed this decision with our colleagues in Turkey; while they regret the decision, we think they also understand it. The conference itself will be held as scheduled. IAAER members are of course welcome to register for and attend the conference, which will be sponsored by MODAV with IAAER as a collaborating organization.
IAAER and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will host a Central and Eastern European Emerging Accounting Scholars Research Workshop. This workshop will be held in conjunction with the AMIS 2017 International Conference organized by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies. For more details about the workshop, click on the link above.
- Deadline for proposal submission: 15 October 2016
- Preliminary selection decisions advised and written feedback: 30 November 2016
- Deadline to resubmit revised proposals and response to reviewers: 1 March 2017
- Final acceptances advised: 1 April 2017
University and Institutional Members
- University members include the accounting departments of universities worldwide with a commitment to accounting education and research. Faculty members of these universities enjoy unlimited access to all electronic International Financial Reporting Standards hosted by the IASCF. Click Join above to become a university member.
- Institutional members include leading accounting professional bodies and academic associations worldwide that collaborate with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research. Click Join above to become an institutional member.