The mission of the IAAER is to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
COSMOS Accountancy Chronicle
COSMOS Accountancy Chronicle publishes announcements of upcoming conferences, and links to the major academic and professional accounting organizations of the world. To submit materials to Cosmos, send an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAAER Sponsored Conferences
12th World Congress of Accounting Educators and Researchers Abstracts
Florence, Italy (November 13 - 15, 2014)
Slides from the Paper Development Workshop:
June 8 - 9, 2015: IAAER ACCA Emerging Accounting Scholars Paper Development Workshop
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will hold an Emerging Accounting
Scholars Paper Development Workshop immediately preceding AMIS 2015 in Bucharest,
Romania on June 8 – 9, 2015. The primary objectives of the workshop are to assist emerging
accounting scholars from transitional economies in developing their research skills capacity
and in building their international network and furthermore to provide emerging scholars
with feedback on their research proposals.
June 29 - July 1, 2015: Biennial Conference Call for Papers
East London, South Africa
New Visa Requirements: http://www.expatcapetown.com/business-travel.html
Conference Theme: "Our role as accountancy educators: Closing the
IAAER will host a Paper Development Workshop in East London, South Africa on 29 June 2015 in conjunction with the Biennial SAAA Conference. The objective of the workshop is to provide Southern African accounting academics with feedback on research proposals.
- Deadline for submission: 1 April 2015
- Selection decisions advised: 30 April 2015
- Deadline to accept invitation to participate in the workshop: 15 May 2015
JIFMA, the official research journal of the International Association for Accounting and Education Research (IAAER), announces a Call for Papers on“International Integrated Reporting” to be published in 2016.
Papers submitted and accepted for presentation in concurrent sessions on ”International Integrated Reporting” at the annual conference of the Southern African Accounting Association held jointly with IAAER in June 2015 will be considered for the special issue and will be fast-tracked for JIFMA review. The deadline for submissions is 30 June 2015.
December 3 - 4, 2015: IAAER TAA Joint Conference
Conference Theme: "Accounting and Auditing Theory Practice: Future Development"
Deadline for submission of papers: August 20, 2015
University and Institutional Members
- University members include the accounting departments of universities worldwide with a commitment to accounting education and research. Faculty members of these universities enjoy unlimited access to all electronic International Financial Reporting Standards hosted by the IASCF. Click Join above to become a university member.
- Institutional members include leading accounting professional bodies and academic associations worldwide that collaborate with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research. Click Join above to become an institutional member.