The mission of the IAAER is to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
COSMOS Accountancy Chronicle
COSMOS Accountancy Chronicle publishes announcements of upcoming conferences, and links to the major academic and professional accounting organizations of the world. To submit materials to Cosmos, send an email attachment to email@example.com.
These slides presented at an IFRS Plenary Workshop during the African Accounting and Finance Association (AAFA) Conference covers a wide range of topics such as: Framework-based IFRS approaches, fair value and other measurement issues,and root causes of financial reporting anomalies.
This paper focuses on a long-standing challenge for standard setters: what kind of standards should they write? How specific and prescriptive should standards be? How should cost considerations influence requirements? How should standard setters balance comparability with effective communication of an entity’s strategy and business model? What are reasonable expectations for the use of judgement? And what is the interaction of the types of standards with the training – both skills and subject matter knowledge – of accountants? These issues are explored using examples from recent IASB standard setting, primarily the IASB’s new revenue standard. The author concludes that there is no single answer.
IAAER Sponsored Conferences
December 3 - 4, 2015: IAAER, TAA, and NCKU Joint Conference
Conference Theme: "Accounting and Auditing Theory Practice: Future Development"
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan Accounting Association (TAA), and International Association for Accounting Education and Research (IAAER) will co-host “2015 NCKU/TAA/IAAER Annual Meeting”. This conference aims to explore future trends related to SOX related governance regulations and IFRS applications from both the academic and practical perspectives.
- Call for Papers Submission Deadline: August 31, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance or Rejection: September 24, 2015
- Deadline for Registration: October 30, 2015
The 22nd Midyear Meeting and 12th Ph.D. / New Faculty Consortium of the International Accounting Section of the American Accounting Association will be held jointly with the International Association for Accounting Education and Research (IAAER) February 18-20, 2016.
- Paper Submission Deadline: October 15, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance or Rejection: December 20, 2015
- Deadline for proposal submission: October 15, 2015
- Preliminary selection decisions advised and written feedback: November 30, 2015
- Deadline to resubmit revised proposals and response to reviewers: March 1, 2016
- Final acceptances advised: April 1, 2016
October 19 - 23, 2016: IAAER - MODAV Joint Accounting Conference
Save the date for the International Association for Accounting Education and Research (IAAER) and MODAV joint accounting conference in October 2016.
University and Institutional Members
- University members include the accounting departments of universities worldwide with a commitment to accounting education and research. Faculty members of these universities enjoy unlimited access to all electronic International Financial Reporting Standards hosted by the IASCF. Click Join above to become a university member.
- Institutional members include leading accounting professional bodies and academic associations worldwide that collaborate with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research. Click Join above to become an institutional member.