About the IAAER
Founded in 1984 with the mission to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
- Interested in Global Developments in Sustainability Accounting and Reporting? Discover the insightful presentation by David Madon, IFAC's Director of Sustainability, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs, from the recent joint IAAER, AAA, and IAS meeting in Atlanta, January 2024. Available for download, this slide deck is an invaluable resource for those seeking to deepen their knowledge in these critical areas.
- Free IFAC and IAAER Webinar: Educating Accountants for a Sustainable Future Join IFAC and the IAAER for a free webinar on competencies, educational strategies, and challenges for sustainability reporting and assurance. Dr. Erica Neuman, author of the IFAC recently published literature review facilitated by the IAAER, will share its key findings. The webinar was on February 7th at 8:00 AM ET. You can download a copy of the literature review here.
- Open Access Literature Reviews on Extended External Assurance
Available for download two free literatures published in the Institutional Perspectives section of JIFMA. These insightful publications are now available at no cost and offer valuable perspectives and analysis in the field. Don't miss this opportunity to enrich your understanding with these resources. Research on extended external reporting assurance: An update on recent developments here. See also Research on extended external reporting assurance: Trends, themes, and opportunities here
- Call for nominations for the Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting (JIFMA) seeking an Editor with accounting expertise to join the existing editorial team. More information can be found here.
- You are invited to submit a paper to the special issue of the Public Money and Management Journal (PMM) in partnership with the ICAEW, an IAAER institutional member. The focus is on broadening the use of local government accounts. Check out the call for papers here.
- Launch of the IAAER ACCA Early Career Researcher Development Program
- Round 8 of IAAER-KPMG research program Informing the IASB Standard-setting Process
- For more information, click here.
- Congratulations to the Recipients of the Informing the IASB Standard Setting Process IAAER – KPMG Research Grants – Round 8 !
- For information on all research projects and grant recipients, click here.
- ACCA IAAER Scholars Program 2022-2023
Read about the many exciting conferences, both IAAER and institutional member sponsored, coming up in Conferences and Events
- IAAER Quarterly Newsletter
- Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting
- Accounting Education
IAAER memberships are available for:
- Universities: current university members contributing to accounting education and research
- Institutions: current institutional members collaborating with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research
- Individual Faculty
See membership for more details