What data do we collect?
The IAAER collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (such as name, email address, and IP addresses)
- Educational and work information (such as school information or institution)
- Location information (country only)
- Payment information (such as credit cards, checks, and/or bank transfer information)
- Usage patterns of the website (such as eIFRS usage, logins, account changes, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the IAAER with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Including offline payments using check or bank transfer.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
The IAAER may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- IASB/IFRS Foundation reports on eIFRS usage.
How will we use your data?
The IAAER collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order(s) and manage your account.
- Email you as part of our service with news and information about international accounting events, IAAER events, calls for papers, conferences (ours and third parties), etc.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Analyze usage patterns to improve our service, monitor suspicious or abusive activity and to identify violations of IAAER or eIFRS policies. This is to protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights.
- When IAAER processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies and/or credit card processors to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- We may use automated decision making in processing your personal information for some service and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision if you are unhappy with it.
Legal basis for processing
We collect and process information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable laws. The legal basis depends on the service(s) you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and protect the safety and security of the services.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
How do we store your data?
The IAAER stores your data within our secure servers.
We only use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology across the website to ensure a private and secure connection between IAAER’s website and your browser.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision;
- The recipient of the personal data is located in the US and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework; or
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example, we have entered into EU standard contractual clauses with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules.
The IAAER would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop IAAER from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please update your account information and disable ‘news’ emails.
What are your data protection rights?
The IAAER would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request IAAER for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that IAAER correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request IAAER to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that IAAER erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that IAAER restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to IAAER’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that IAAER transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please see the ‘How to contact us’ section below. We will respond promptly, within one (1) month of the request.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
Privacy policies of other websites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into the member portal and editing their profile.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
How to contact us
Department of Accounting
300 College Park Avenue
Dayton, Ohio 45469