Mission & Activity Statement
The International Association for Accounting Education and Research (IAAER) is a global not-for-profit organization.
The mission of the IAAER is to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
IAAER carries out the Association’s mission by engaging in, inter alia, the following activities:
- Bringing an objective, research-based, academic voice to the development and approval process of international accounting and auditing standards through its relationships with various international bodies.
- Active participation in the development of high quality global standards through representation on IFAC's International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB), the IASCF’s Education Advisory Group, and the IASB’s Standards Advisory Council.
- Communicating with individual members and academic and professional association members through the IAAER newsletter (COSMOS Accountancy Chronicle), the IAAER website (www.iaaer.org), and other means.
- Commissioning research projects in collaboration with our sponsors (i.e. KPMG and ACCA) that contribute to the development of advances in international accounting and educational standards.
- Promoting the development of accounting faculty internationally, in cooperation with national and regional academic accounting associations, through the organization and sponsorship of international conferences, international symposia and workshops, and through international doctoral and new faculty colloquia.
- Sponsoring and coordinating the World Congress of Accounting Educators and Researchers (held every 4 years in conjunction with IFAC World Congress).
- Supporting the Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting and Accounting Education official journals of the IAAER.