About the IAAER
Founded in 1984 with the mission to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
- Call for academic research to inform the IASB's post-implementation reviews of IFRS standards
The IFRS Foundation is calling for research proposals to help inform the International Accounting Standards Board’s planned post-implementation reviews of three Standards, focusing specifically on the quality of disclosures provided by companies applying IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, together with the disclosure requirements in IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Disclosures, and on the disclosures required by IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
The deadline for submitting research proposals is 31 March 2021.More information is available here.
Read about the many exciting conferences, both IAAER and insitutional member sponsored, coming up on our calendar.
Keep an eye out for these conferences:
- September 1-3, 2021: 10th African Accounting and Finance (Virtual) Conference. More information and call for papers can be found in English and French.
- November 18-19, 2021: IAAER/ Taiwan Accounting Association Joint Conference.
- 2022: 42nd AFC Congress with IAAER, Bordeaux (France).
- 2022: Accounting Section of VHB / IAAER Joint Conference.
- September 2023: Krakow University of Economics / IAAER Joint Conference, Krakow (Poland).
IAAER memberships are available for:
- Universities: current university members contributing to accounting education and research
- Institutions: current institutional members collaborating with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research
- Individual Faculty
See membership for more details