About the IAAER
Founded in 1984 with the mission to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice.
Call for Nominations for IAAER Executive Officers
The charge of the IAAER Nominations Committee is to prepare a single slate of candidates for election as officers, to include the positions listed below and up to eight Vice-Presidents at large who are representatives of Academic Accounting Association members. Position descriptions and other information can be found here: https://www.iaaer.org/about/ constitution
The persons marked with * are eligible to be nominated for a second two-year term; persons not marked with * are completing their second two-year terms are not eligible for nomination for that position.
- President: currently Keryn Chalmers, Swinburne University, Australia
- VP-Administration: currently Andrei Filip, ESSEC Business School, France
- VP-Communications: currently Elmar Venter*, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- VP-Conferences: currently Catalin Albu*, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Romania
- VP-Education: currently Elizabeth Gammie*, Robert Gordon University, UK
- VP-Finance: currently Elizabeth Gordon, Temple University, US
- VP-Membership: currently Sebastian Hoffmann*, University of Edinburgh, UK
- VP-Practice: currently Sharon Machado*, ACCA, UK
- VP-Research: currently Patrick Hopkins*, Indiana University, US
- Up to eight VPs-at-large, representing Academic Accounting Association
The IAAER Nominations Committee is seeking member nominations for any of the positions listed above. Self-nominations are welcome. Please include with a nomination a current vita of the person being nominated and a short (less than one-page) statement of interest explaining how the person being nominated is a good fit to carry out the responsibilities of the position as described in the IAAER Constitution, available at the link provided above. Nominations should be sent as email attachments to Katherine Schipper (firstname.lastname@example.org) Nominations Committee Chair no later than September 15, 2022.
World Congress Paris, December 2022
The 14th IAAER World Congress of Accounting Educators and Researchers will take place in Paris, France, 1-2 December 2022, at the IÉSEG School of Management. Click here to register.
We hope to see many of you in person at the World Congress at IÉSEG School of Management, Paris in December 2022. If you are unable to attend in person, you can register to virtually attend the four plenary sessions.
Read about the many exciting conferences, both IAAER and institutional member sponsored, coming up in Conferences and Events
IAAER memberships are available for:
- Universities: current university members contributing to accounting education and research
- Institutions: current institutional members collaborating with IAAER for the promotion of accounting education and policy relevant research
- Individual Faculty
See membership for more details